Salary: Will reflect your expertise and the skills that you can bring to the company
Working Hours: Mon-Thu 07.45 to 15.15 and Fri 07.45 to 12.45
Due to internal promotion and market growth, our client would like to appoint a dynamic and technically orientated Key Account Manager, to provide strategic sales direction in its road trailer, stock cylinder and aerospace departments.
You will be required to liaise with all internal departments of the business as well as external customers and suppliers to follow contracts through from initial costing and tender phase through to final dispatch. The company operates in a highly professional manner and encourages a culture with high integrity. The person most suited to this role will be someone who is both technically experienced and commercially astute.
The role will be based in Sheffield, although a degree of UK and International travel can be expected. Responsibility will also encompass the region of France, particularly in the naval market and you will be required to provide sales support when needed in other areas.
You will also have responsibility for business development within the areas through growing the customer base as well as looking for new products, services and markets.
You will be joining a thriving company in which ideas are not only valued but actively encouraged. It can offer you the opportunity to have a major influence on direction and performance and to visibly contribute towards future success. You will experience fast decision making without the encumbrance of long chains of command.
The core product for this division is the design and manufacture of ultra large cylinders for a variety of applications including, Air Pressure Vessel systems for oil rig motion compensation and high pressure cylinders for submarines, transportation and bulk storage of gases. Increasingly, the division is building on its extensive experience and knowledge to provide engineered services around the world including retesting and refurbishment.
- Create and submit technical scopes of work, quotation and proposals
- Conduct upfront technical feasibility studies in conjunction with customer and internal Technical departments.
- Confer with customers to assess product needs and determine requirements.
- Construct cost build ups through internal departments and external suppliers.
- To work closely with the Technical Manager to ensure all aspects of product manufacturability and regulatory compliance are met.
- Ensure specifications and customer requirements are identified and met throughout the manufacturing process and inspection points.
- Liaison with design department to produce the most cost effective commercial solution.
- Liaison with customer/internal Production to manage individual contracts through manufacture.
- Provide a positive interface between the customer and the business, escalating any issues to the attention of the senior management team.
- Identification of new markets and opportunities for our client's products and services.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, formulate marketing plans that are integrated with the overall business strategies.
- Processing of sales orders (supported by administrator).
- Preparation of data for monthly sales reports & sales budgets.
- Preparation of costings and price lists.
- Your commercial and financial acumen will be strong and you will be self motivated and relish the opportunity to take ownership and contribute to a thriving business.
- Experience of compliance to international standards. Knowledge of relevant international standards would be an advantage, for example ISO 11120, ADR 2000. This is not essential as training will be given.
- Experience of the oil and gas, industrial gases or aerospace sector, their market drivers and their activities.
- A background in an engineering or manufacturing environment or within technically engineered products, with an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and customer requirements.
- Experience in a customer facing/business development role and extremely results driven.
- Computer literate.
- Well organised.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- A broad understanding of contract and commercial conditions.
- Ability to plan and prioritise activities using good time management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present data effectively.
- Strong ethics: work honestly and with integrity.
ONC/HNC in Engineering, Materials, or Science based subject.
A full, clean Driving Licence. (A degree of UK and International travel can be expected)
A valid passport (A degree of UK and International travel can be expected)