About the IBM QRadar Training Course
We are able to offer you this training for free as part of IBMs commitment to supporting former or transitioning armed forces personnel. The course will be delivered by an instructor from Satisnet via our colleagues at Arrow ECS Education (an authorised IBM Training Partner).
The course consists of two phases:
- Phase 1 will cover IBM Security QRadar SIEM Foundations;
- Phase 2 will cover IBM Security QRadar SIEM Advanced.
The last day will include a discussion around malware, a demonstration of how QRadar handles the issue plus a discussion on security. Processing for the IBM Open Badging process will also be covered.
When are the courses being held?
The QRadar courses are scheduled to run:
- 3 - 7 September 2018 FULL
Each day runs from approximately 9am - 5pm. We do not charge a fee to attend the course, however, you will be responsible for your own travel, accommodation and food costs for the duration of the course. If you are in resettlement and using GRT for the course you can claim all subsistence back upon completion of the required MODF 1746. Please see your Unit Resettlement Officer for a copy of this form.
Where Is The Course Taking Place?
Who delivers the course?
This course is delivered as part of a partnership between ourselves, IBM and the Corsham Institute.
- SaluteMyJob - we source all the students for the course,
- IBM Security - provide the software and the trainers for the course,
- Corsham Institute - provide the training facilities.
What you need to qualify for the course
You don’t have to have advanced technical skills to be successful in this course. We request that applicants:
- Are IT literate with Windows Excel experience;
- Have a desire to learn about security technologies;
- And are either a job seeker or are in resettlement with a desire to get into employment within cyber.
Previous students have included former and resettling JNCOs, SNCOs and Officers from all three services and a variety of cap badges.
What Will You Learn?
You will learn to navigate the IBM QRadar user interface and how to investigate offences. You will search and analyse the information which QRadar concluded as suspicious activity and conduct hands-on exercises to reinforce the skills learned. The course covers system configuration, data source configuration, and remote networks and services configuration.
"The course was intense however, as it was well taught, I did not feel out of my depth at any point."
- Chris Lemin
What is QRadar?
IBM QRadar SIEM (Security Information & Event Management) can:
- Provide real time visibility to an entire IT infrastructure;
- Sense and detect fraud insider and advanced threats;
- Sense, track and link significant incidents and threats;Helps to prioritise alerts to allow investigations to focus on high probability incidents.
Who Are The Courses Aimed At?
The courses are aimed at former and transitioning Armed Forces personnel who are looking to work within cyber security.
This is a good foundation course for anyone looking to work in a support and operations environment. We are looking for people who have a keen interest in broadening their horizons and wish to pursue a career in cyber security.
What qualification will you gain?
If you pass this course you will be awarded an IBM Open Badge.
IBM credentials are recognised, respected and valued globally in the IT industry, but communicating your credentials in today’s ever-expanding online marketplace can be challenging. IBM has established this opportunity so you may easily and quickly share verified proof of your achievement wherever and whenever you choose. Where applicable, your IBM credentials will be represented by a digital image that contains verified metadata describing your qualifications and the rigorous process necessary to earn them.