Example i2 Analyst Job Description
Military candidates have knowledge, skills and experience to develop a successful second career in the field of data analytics. Accreditation as a qualified IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook data analyst will further improve career opportunities. The list below shows the experience and skills required to become a skilled data analyst and to succeed on the course. Candidates for the course will be assessed on numerical skills and computer literacy before the course begins.
- Experience in performing data mining and data analytics, on data-sets
- The ability to see data and reports in terms of their business and commercial value, displaying key findings to the management
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Business acumen to understand client's needs and their relationship with vendors and internal departments
- Participates on a team to gather, create, and analyse data to establish key findings and develop specific recommendations around results; identifies and recommends process improvement measures based on data analysis
- Adheres to project deadlines and schedules
- Understands necessity of project, data, and standards and applies them consistently
- Prioritises multiple tasks effectively
- Completes assigned tasks effectively, efficiently, accurately, with high quality and on time
- Critical thinking, creativity, and independent judgment are expected.
- Builds and maintains strong peer relationships within the team and across the organisation
- Advanced Excel (Pivot tables and V-Lookup)
- Systems experience: diverse systems, mining data between systems
- Experience with high volumes of data
- Experience with Data Center terminology
- Gather business requirements, develop reports, metrics, scorecards, dashboards, adhoc pivot tables, models
- Exceptional data analysis, data management, and problem solving skills
- Able to look at the big picture, speculate and conceptualise outcomes and identify trends
- Intermediate proficiency with BI reporting and analysis applications
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Highly detail-oriented, analytic, energetic and self-motivated individual
- Ability to follow through on commitments and foster mutual trust within the team and clients
- Ability to work and cooperate with a variety of people and personalities and achieve results
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; assumes additional responsibility without prompting
- Comfortable working in an environment in which businesses processes, tools, deadlines etc. are continually evolving
- Advanced Excel Visual Basic Macros
- Microsoft Power Point experience
- Understanding database relationships and concepts for mining/extracting data from environment.
- Familiarity with SQL commands for queries.
- Security Clearance