Transport for London’s (TfL) Smart Sourcing team are planning an exciting programme for their 5th annual Industry Day to support members of the Armed Forces community to #transition2transport when they leave the Service.
Following TfL's recent Gold Award from the MoD, the programme theme will be on how they can provide ‘gold standard, best in class’ support to Veterans and Reservists.
About the Industry Day
Hosted at TfL's Stratford Skills Training Centre, the day will include employability skills training, careers stands, a tour of their signalling and track training facilities, plus a panel of ex-Armed Forces employees talking about their journeys to give real insight into how the skills developed in the forces can be transferable to civilian careers.
There are 300 places available to candidates who are leaving or have left the Armed Forces.
On the day you will have the opportunity to attend a range of workshops and events designed to:
- Help you to gain an understanding of how we keep London moving
- Help you find out more about what roles are available in transportation and how your skills are transferable
- Give you an opportunity to speak to people who have made the transition to civilian work in the transport industry
- Help you tailor your CV and brush up your interview skills so you are ready to apply for civilian roles
- Help you build your LinkedIn profile and develop a professional network
- Celebrate the skills and experience Reservists bring to the transport industry
- Give you a chance to apply and potentially even interview for live roles on the day
TfL are excited to announce that they will be offering tours of their signals training facilities at Stratford to give a real insight into some of the technical engineering skills they help their staff to develop. Included in the tour is their engineering room, so you can find out how the technical skills you've developed working on helicopters, tanks, and other military vehicles can be transferred to trains, trams, and even the DLR!