The purpose of this event is to showcase a variety of roles within their organisation that you could join when you leave the Military.
South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) NHS Foundation Trust is an award winning Ambulance Foundation Trust which delivers excellent patient care year on year.
The main functions of SCAS are:
- Accident and Emergency service (front line) that responds to 999 calls
- Provisions of the NHS 111 service, for when medical help is needed but not an emergency
- Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service (NEPTS)
SCAS’s emergency operations centres handle around 500,000 emergency and urgent calls each year, and around 1.25 million NHS 111 calls.
The Trust serves a population of about 4 million people over their 4 counties: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire and Oxfordshire. In April 2017, SCAS was appointed as the provider of the NEPTS service in Surrey and Sussex.
Structure of the day:
- Combined welcome to all attendees
- Group tour of each of SCAS's areas (showcasing vehicles, equipment, and the opportunity to speak to 1-2-1 with their skilled staff)
- Recruitment specific discussion where you can discuss the next steps and how to apply for any roles with SCAS
- Finally, SCAS will hold a panel led Q+A session with SME from all services and then an informal opportunity for you to leave CVs with them and answer any unanswered questions
Benefits for attending this event
This is a great opportunity for you to find out about the Ambulance Service. You will have SME’s from all areas who will be able to give you precise information in relation to all of the roles that you are interested in. This will be a great way to get hands on with SCAS' equipment and have a look around the vehicles that they all use daily. You will also be able to find out all out their recruitment and induction/training periods.
The best bit: If you meet the minimum criteria for your set role of interest, then SCAS will be pleased to offer you a guaranteed interview – so please bring your CV with you.
Book your place
Come along to this event, on the 7th November 2018 in Portsmouth from 10:00 - 14:30 to find out more about the roles available. To book your place, contact the CTP Events Team at CTPEvents@ctp.org.uk - spaces are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.