Over the past 4 years, Barclays has hired over 400 Veterans across the business through their AFTER (Armed Forces Transition, Employment & Resettlement) Programme. They recognise the benefit of recruiting ex-Military women into their organisation and Barclays provides a variety of support options for women who are transitioning into our business.
AFTER have joined with Barclays Male Allies initiative to bring you an evening of presentations and networking. You will hear from a number of speakers – both Veterans and those still Serving, including Lieutenant Colonel Val Robertson and Captain Alice Williams, the first female officer to Commission directly into the Royal Armoured Corps.
Barclays will be addressing questions such as:
- 'Why recruiting ex-Military women is good for Barclays and Financial Services?'
- 'How can Barclays help ex-Military women to select the right career for them, particularly in settings where there are fewer women, and better support their transition into Financial Services?'
The event is open to all Veterans and those still Serving, regardless of rank or Service. Please join Barclays for what promises to be a fascinating and insightful evening.
17:00 – 17:05 Arrive for registration
17:05 – 18:00 Speakers & panel discussion. Speakers include:
- Ian Rand, CEO Barclays Business Bank and ex-Intelligence Corps
- Lieutenant Colonel Val Robertson
- Captain Alice Williams
- Lynn Johnson OBE, Barclays Structural Reform Programme and ex-RAF
- Kimberley Spencer, Deputy Market Leader, Barclays Client & Customer Experience and former Army Musician
18:00 – 19:00 Speed networking, with drinks and canapés.
Book your place
To register for this event click here.
About the Barclays AFTER Programme
Every year, Barclays helps hundreds of Service men and women prepare for their transition into civilian employment through Barclays Armed Forces Transition Employment and Resettlement (AFTER) programme.
The AFTER programme’s extensive outreach is helping to ensure Armed Forces personnel receive the support they need to develop opportunities outside the Military. This allows them to best utilise their experience and talent in the corporate space.
About Male Allies
Champions of gender equality: Enabling joint progression of the WIN network & HeForShe movement, leading to greater gender equality within Barclays.