Are you an ex-Service man or woman? Do you need support finding work? If you are currently unemployed, claiming benefits and from an armed forces background then the Building Futures programme could be for you.
Millwall Community Trust-in partnership with The Royal British Legion will be running 8 week Employability courses that will engage participants providing essential employment skills, qualifications and accredited industry –specific certifications. This innovative and exciting new initiative – Building Futures – will be based at the home of Millwall Community Trust – the Lions Centre – which is adjacent to Millwall Football Club.
The partnership between Millwall Community Trust, the charitable arm of Millwall Football Club and Step-ahead brings together organisations that can instigate a unique approach to getting people back to work.
Below is a summary of the programmes key advantages and deliverable's in support of our main focus- maximising the chances of each individual securing sustainable employment and ensuring our support of the Social Justice Agenda:
- A high profile venue offering an informal, non-pressurised environment for the courses to produce key outcomes such as participation, completion, accreditation and progression.
- Personal development in relation to each individual’s soft skills through the support of Programme Co-ordinators who have counselling skills.
- Health and Safety certification
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme Cards
- Targeted construction courses
- The promotion and involvement in activities extolling the benefits of a healthy lifestyle in terms of physical and mental health.
- Opportunities to meet with recruitment agents –e.g. Carmichaels
- Sessions for the money advice service
- Development of computer skills
- Job search coaching